Ingredients for nutty filling:
- 3tbsp cacao powder
- 500g hazelnuts (keep a few for the centres)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp agave syrup
- 1 vanilla bean
- A splash of water
Ingredients for raw chocolate:
- 100mls coconut oil
- 100g almond butter
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- In your food processor, combine all dry ingredients to a fine powder.
- Add all the wet ingredients until you have a sticky batter. If you need, add a little water to achieve the desired consistency.
- Then comes the fun part! Roll the mix into small balls and add a hazelnut in the centre. (top tip: keep your hands wet while you do this. It makes everything a lot easier)
- Pop these into the freezer while you make the raw chocolate.
- For the chocolate coating, slowly melt your coconut oil in some boiling water. This step is essential to keep your fererros considered as “raw”.
- When melted, add all other ingredients and whisk until you have a smooth paste.
- Lastly, take your hazelnut balls out of the freezer and coat them in your delicious raw chocolate. You can also coat them in chopped hazelnuts at this stage to make them look even more authentic.
You can read the full story about the amazing Pink House Party here and if you do have a go at making our Ferrero RAWchers let us know how you get on!
Posted in: Recipes